The Ajatt Tools community is a friendly place for people learning Japanese through immersion. Join us to make some new friends, get help, ask questions, contribute to our projects or start new ones, and find countless new learning resources!
- Speak English. Do not use your Japanese unless you're already fluent. Remember that talking is not practicing. Your time is better spent immersing.
- Be ethical. Do not post promotions or spam unrelated to learning Japanese. However, feel free to share with us your learning resources. Be minimally polite, don't troll and don't post porn.
- Stay on topic. Try to keep the conversation centered around immersion, software for language learning, Japanese language, the country and its culture. Everything else should be discussed in the room dedicated to off-topic which you'll find after you've joined.
- Read the guide. Most questions we get are already answered in our guide. Our members are volunteering their time to help everybody. Try to reduce the amount of reoccurring questions so that everyone has more time to immerse.
- No proprietary software. We don't use, support or recommend proprietary software. We use free/libre software because it is naturally more extensible and user-friendly.
Certain rooms may have their own sets of rules.
Matrix is great because it's completely libre and federated, and you don't need an email address, or a phone number to make an account. Just type your name and a password, and you're in! Before you join, install a Matrix client and register an account on any server that is not matrix.org.
If the button above doesn't work,
most likely you don't have
installed on your computer.
Alternatively, use a
or open your client of choice and type
Commands that start with
/ work in most clients, including Element.
Telegram is a messenger with a focus on speed and security. Although Telegram is not ideal it is still better than many proprietary services. To use Telegram on GNU/Linux, install the official desktop client.
If you have a question specifically for me,
ping me in the chat by prepending your message with
@tatsumoto:g33k.se on Matrix or
@tatsumoto on Telegram.
If you're a Telegram user, installing
our community sticker pack
is easy, you just click on the link.
On Matrix, it's a little more tricky.
You need to host your stickers yourself.
GitHub repo and
for detailed instructions.
To use our Telegram stickers on Matrix,
import them to your self-hosted repo using the
or copy the URL of
the pack I host for myself.
To add the sticker pack to your Matrix account, follow the instructions